The nomination period for the 2018 Youth Alliance Awards is now closed.
- All nominees will be recognized at the award ceremony at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel on Thursday, April 26, 2018.
- Of all nominations, one individual and one group is chosen to receive the The Fox Cities Youth Service Award in recognition of service to the Fox Cities community.
- Specific information about the Award Ceremony will be sent to you (the nominator) and the nominee(s) before the event.
Eligibility of nominees:
- Must be in grades 1 through 12.
- A resident of the greater Fox Valley area.
- Service must be that which benefits Fox Valley residents.
- Nomination must be filled out completely and submitted via the form below.
- Individuals or groups may nominate more than one candidate and may nominate themselves.
- In the event of a large group nomination, the group will be allowed up to 5 individuals to accept the award at the Awards ceremony.
- The decision of the Award Panel will be final.
While a key component of the program is recognition of committed youth volunteers, the Youth Service Award winner will be the individual and group who have performed outstanding volunteer service in their communities. The Youth Service Award recognizes such service by elementary, middle and high school aged volunteers.
- NEED: Nominee contributed a needed service to the community.
- INITIATIVE: Nominee started new programs, used new methods to solve problems, initiated activities. Involvement of the nominee was active, not figurehead.
- ACHIEVEMENT: Nominee accomplished or eclipsed desired results. Volunteering for several volunteer organizations would also constitute a high level of achievement.
- IMPACT: The activity or service produced positive changes and provided an example for other groups, individuals or society as a whole.
- TIME: Amount of time devoted to the activity was significant.
- CHALLENGE: Nominee overcame barriers or challenges, such as limited resources, physical or developmental disability, commitments to other volunteer or school projects or public perceptions of the problem.
Questions or comments, please contact Kristin at the Volunteer Center: 920-832-9360 or [email protected].