What is the Human Race?
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Human Race Kick-Off Luncheon
Friday, February 6th, 2015
11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Click here to register. Lunch & beverages provided.
At the luncheon you can sign-up for the race, learn about updates for this year's event and pick-up your solicitation toolkit. Reminder: There is a financial incentive for teams that have a representative attend the Kick-Off lunch.
Please RSVP by Friday, January 30th, 2015 to:email@example.com or 920-832-9360 (Appleton) 920-230-3663 (Oshkosh)
Click here to download the Team Registration form.
WHAT IS THE HUMAN RACE?
This is a unique opportunity for individuals, families and businesses to work together to raise money for their non-profit organization. Organizations register for the Human Race. Participants then select from one of the participating organizations and collect pledges.
The Human Race is a 5k walk, 5k non-competitive run or one-mile walk held at Thrivent Financial on Ballard Rd. in Appleton. The Volunteer Center organizes this event from media coverage to training team captains even provides the hot dogs thus lessening the strain on local agencies. The Volunteer Center provides a kick-off breakfast to distribute the Toolkits, Pledge Forms, communicates any changes for the new year, provides tips and explains the on-line pledging procedures. From the Kick-Off Breakfast to the day of the event, the staff advises the teams with their planning and soliciting. This event is either the 1st or 2nd Saturday in May.
In 2015, it is scheduled for May 2nd.
Working on a repeat performance: The UW Marching Band performed at the past two Human Races! They are awesome.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED?
For individuals or Groups:
1. Select a registered organization to support
2. Print off a pledge sheet or ask to have one mailed to you
3. Ask everyone to support your favorite cause. To make it easy to reach those friends, families, co-workers, and classmates that you do not see regularly, join your team on the on-line pledging site. Just add the link to your solicitation letter or e-mail.
4. Meet us at Thrivent grounds on event day. Please bring all money in check form. Checks need to be made out to Volunteer Center Human Race. You are now ready to join the HUMAN RACE!
Remember: Dogs, kids, wheelchairs and strollers are all welcome on the Thrivent grounds.
ON-LINE PLEDGING: Join your favorite team or make a pledge. On-line service is available for your convenience.
As a participating nonprofit organization you will receive 75% of the money collected and the Volunteer Center receives the remaining 25% for event coordination. If your charitable organization collects more than $5,000 the organization will receive 80% of the money collected (with a chance to keep 90 %). School groups, band groups, church youth groups as well as non-profit agencies are welcome to raise money for their organizations. Please send me more information on the Human Race.
This past May, at our 14th annual Human Race, we met our goal of giving a cumulative total of $1M back to the community!
Imagine what we can achieve in 2015!